Relating to all Championships
The following General Conditions and England Golf Hard Card Standard Local Rules, Conditions of Competition, Regulations and Safety Advice) apply to all South Eastern Group events. The word “Championship(s)” as used in the General Conditions and Hard Card includes all events e.g. Tournaments, Finals and Competitions.
1. All Championships shall be played in accordance the Rules of Golf of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and such local rules, conditions of competitions & regulations as shall be approved by the Championship Committee.
2. To represent a county in any South Eastern Group event, a player must have his ’home club’ in the county that he is representing. For England Golf qualifying competitions, the England Golf rules on qualification will apply.
3. All competitors must be of Amateur Status as defined by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
4. Entry Method & Fees: All entries must be made on the appropriate official entry form and be received by the Group Secretary, England Golf – South Eastern Group on or before the stipulated closing date for entries. All such entry forms must be accompanied with the appropriate entry fee. No entry will be included into the draw unless complete in every detail.
Cheques to be made payable to “England Golf – South Eastern Group". Facsimiles of entry forms will be accepted provided the form has been fully completed, signed personally by the entrant, and both the facsimile and the entry fee are received by the Group Secretary, England Golf - South Eastern Group, before 12 noon on the stipulated closing date.
No entry fee will be refunded unless intimation of scratching is received before the closing date for entries except for any entrant who may be balloted out and who does not subsequently compete.
All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Championship Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse an entry without giving reason for its decision, which shall be final.
5. Handicaps: All Competitors who wish to enter any England Golf – South Eastern Group event must be in possession of an “competitive” CONGU handicap.
6. The England Golf “Hard Card” for Standard Local Rules, Conditions of Competition, Regulations and Safety Advice will apply to all South Eastern Group Championships but subject to amendment as and when deemed necessary by the Championship Committee.
7. Inclement weather: If in any Championship it becomes impossible to complete the Championship in accordance with that Championship’s Conditions because of adverse weather conditions or other circumstances, the Championship Committee may vary such conditions to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
8. Players shall walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the Championship Committee. See also the England Golf’s Transportation Policy which includes provisions for people with disabilities.
9. Dress Code: Competitors are expected at all times to comply with the dress code in place at the host club. The England Golf “Hard Card” rules relating to dress code will apply.
10. Anti-Doping: Drug testing may take place at nominated Championships. As a condition of entry, competitors agree to comply with the England Golf’s Anti-Doping Policy. The full list of prohibited drugs is available from UK Sport (www.uksport.gov.uk)
11. Child Protection: The England Golf – South Eastern Group’s Child Protection Policy applies at all Championships. This policy includes provisions on taking photographs. Everyone attending, where any competitor may be less than 18 years old, must comply with these provisions. Failure to do so may result in the Police being called.
12. All disputes shall be settled by the Championship Committee (3 to form a quorum), whose decision shall be final.
13. Decisions on Ties: Ties for first place in the Championships will be decided by a sudden death play-off over holes to be determined by the Championship Committee. Unless otherwise provided in the Conditions of Competition for a particular Championship, ties for first place and for prize places in all Championships shall be decided on the last round, then the 3rd round, then the 2nd round and then the 1st round in order, should the event be a 4 round event. In the case of a 54 hole competition (play off results) will be decided on the 3rd round, 2nd round and 1st round in that order, (a play off) in a 36 hole competition will be over the last round and then the 1st round.
Should that fail to produce a result, ties shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the last completed round. If a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the first nine holes of the last completed round. If a tie still arises, each of the preceding rounds played shall be treated in the same way (taking each round in the reverse order to that in which they were played), until a decision is reached. In the case of a one round event, ties shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the round. If a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the first nine holes of the round.
14. Any competitor who during the course of an event, including practice days, misbehaves by, for example, swearing, throwing clubs, or vandalising the golf course or Clubhouse, or acts in any manner which might bring the game into disrepute may be debarred from entering or taking part in any England Golf – South Eastern Group event for such period as the Championship Committee may decide.
15. Any competitor who withdraws from an event after the draw has been published, or for whatever reason fails to appear on the tee at his appointed starting time, or having qualified to continue in an event fails to do so must, without delay, furnish to the Championship Committee, an explanation in writing, to the satisfaction of the Championship Committee. If he does not do so, he may be barred from entering or taking part in any England Golf – South Eastern Group event for such period as the Championship Committee may decide.
16. Practice - all Match Play events: On competition day’s players will not be allowed to play any holes on the competition course prior to their official starting time.
17. Winners Responsibilities: A winner (an individual, or a county union), will be responsible for the Trophy from the time it is presented until it is relinquished. The winner shall also ensure the Trophy is returned to the England Golf – South Eastern Group before the next year’s Championship suitably engraved and cleaned.